I am in the middle of a new quilt that I can’t wait to finish. Normally I dread cutting pieces when I know I have a lot to do. However, I found a new love and I’m bursting at the seams to share it with you. It is the Stripology Ruler from Creative Grid. To truly appreciate it’s power you need to watch their video http://www.creativegridsusa.com/products/CGRGE1 . I am not kidding when I say I cut 2,000 3″ squares (precisely, mind you) in couple hours. Check it out!
FINALLY! Finally, I found a project for the patchwork on the right. Finally, I made a mug rug. Do you have a project in the back of your mind that you really want to do but you never find the time? For me that was a mug rug. They are so cute, however do I really need to use my sewing time to do such a silly little thing? I say YES! And I love it! And I found a great use for a patchwork sampler I did months ago when I was testing a new technique.
For those of you who might like to do your own, let me tell you what I did for this one.
- Found this patchwork which was twenty-one 2″ charm squares sewn together (on the right in the photo).
- Then I started slicing and dicing and sewing it back together!
- Cropped it down to a 7″ x 9″ rectangle.
- Sandwiched it with a back and batting.
- Straight line quilted until my bobbin ran out.
- Found a stray 2″ strip of white for the binding.
- Bound it.
- And there it is on the left!