Little Mug Rug #1
FINALLY! Finally, I found a project for the patchwork on the right. Finally, I made a mug rug. Do you have a project in the back of your mind that you really want to do but you never find the time? For me that was a mug rug. They are so cute, however do I really need to use my sewing time to do such a silly little thing? I say YES! And I love it! And I found a great use for a patchwork sampler I did months ago when I was testing a new technique.
For those of you who might like to do your own, let me tell you what I did for this one.
- Found this patchwork which was twenty-one 2″ charm squares sewn together (on the right in the photo).
- Then I started slicing and dicing and sewing it back together!
- Cropped it down to a 7″ x 9″ rectangle.
- Sandwiched it with a back and batting.
- Straight line quilted until my bobbin ran out.
- Found a stray 2″ strip of white for the binding.
- Bound it.
- And there it is on the left!